Tuesday, April 13, 2010

My Opinion on Flag Burning

If you are going to buy a flag from a store and and burn it, like this..



I may feel uncomfortable, but there is nothing I can do about it. The laws in this country are greater than the physical objects. You may be burning a symbol, but it is a worldly thing. You paid for it. I'm not going to interrupt the flow of commerce.



But...

..if you are going to try to take a flag flying in front of an embassy, a military base, fire or police station, church or other facility in my country's territory -like one of these for example:

A Municipal Park
100_2000

An Airport
JFK Airport - October 1997

A Boy Scout Camp
First Boys on 236

Or My Little Friend Here
100_2972

Well, naturally, I've got a problem with that.

# # #

No comments:

Post a Comment