Friday, April 9, 2010

Greatness Runs In The Family


22060_1077069263345_1724667129_150922_8374805_n

My Cousin-In-Law Is the St. Paul Minnesota Police Officer of the Year!

St. Paul Police Honor 'Officer Of The Year'
ST. PAUL (WCCO)

Officer Charles Anderson was honored for his community policing. St. Paul Police honored their "Officer of the Year" Wednesday. Officer Charles Anderson was honored for his community policing. Anderson has been working in the Rice Street area. He organized a Public Safety Fair and helped to establish a business association.
He also writes about the community in the neighborhood newspaper, the Monitor.



VIDEO

Charlie's last name is the same as mine, but he's not a blood relation. He married my cousin Betsy in the Cathedral of St. Paul on 7/7/07. Her maiden name and married name are both Anderson. I haven't seen Charlie's family tree, but the Anderson name on my side only goes back five generations, when Andre Johnson's son Aron came to America in the 19th Century.

I like Charlie a lot. As it turns out, their son ("Thor") is my Grandma Anderson's first great-grandchild (I am her first grandchild). She started the line of Funny Faces, so, that means that if I never produce an heir, the Crown of Funny Faces will fall to him...if he wants it.

22176_221332692195_502872195_3258478_8219396_n

Charlie's father (Thorin's Grandfather) was a legend in the St. Paul Minnesota Police Department, too. It is not a stretch, in my opinion, to assume that the future King of Funny Faces could be Chief of Police there in 2050. That's a lot of maybes, but one can dream, can't he?

Warm Regards,

Erik B. Anderson
Independence Township, New Jersey
Established 1782

No comments:

Post a Comment